I'm Judging You | Benefit & Smashbox



Unfortunately my skin is a little too pale to wear this powder foundation in this particular shade unless i have a tan which is why i bought it in mind for summer or when i happen to fake tan. However in Australia we are currently in the early stages of Autumn so i wont have a chance to properly judge this product until spring or summer rolls around again. However i have heard good things about this powder. 
  • It claims to have special effects of Light Filter Technology which gives the appearance of soft-focus and imperfection-blurring or in other words a 
#INSTAFILTER FOR YOUR FACE!
  • Blendable medium coverage 
  • Light weight and long lasting 
  • Oil free
Judging mascara is definitely not my strong point, in fact i find it quite difficult. Personally i think mascara is mascara, sure some may last longer throughout the day than others and some may flake which causes fall out under your eyes but lets face it they all apply black goop on your lashes that magically makes them look more visible, without i feel like an alien. If somebody asked me if this mascara gave them length & volume, base to tip curl or visible lift basically i would say "Sorry I don't know but what i do know is that it makes them long and black and pretty which is good enough for me." However that's not the point of a review so luckily i did a bit of research and found that it does all those things, it lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, separates AND it's long wearing.

To be honest i really wanted to like this liner but I’ve had some problems with it. The very first time i used it, it was like a breeze the gel came out as smooth as butter which made it super easy to use. The gel is waterproof, matte black and very pigmented, which means i didn’t have to keep applying the product and the flick faded out to a perfectly defined point. However after this first use i wasn’t so lucky, the gel didn't run nearly as smoothly along my lash line as the first time. The formula was way too thick and clumpy, i found that it built up or rolled up along itself to create small balls of gel almost clay like at the end of the rubber applicator. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the cold weather. I know that warming your gel liners with either a hair dryer or body temperature before use allows for a much smoother application, but maybe I'm just using it wrong or need a bit more practice. I will continue to use this liner, but i don't think I’ll be re-purchasing it anytime soon.

I quite like this product, it gives a beautiful natural sun kissed glow. However there are plenty of inexpensive dupes such as the Sleek Glisten Me Liquid Illuminator which unfortunately looks to be discontinued on their website, sorry. But like i said there are plenty of other dupes.

"I fricken love this product" is basically all i have to say. It minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines, which means i have an even base when I’m applying my foundation. This silky lightweight product is oil free and although it technically is a primer i only use it on areas i find my pores are noticeable such as my T-zone. Benefit claim that this product can be used over or under makeup however i only either use it under make up or on its own as it blends seamlessly into my skin.


Let me know your thoughts. Was this helpful, have you already tried some of these products?
I'd particularly like to know if anybody else has had any experience with the Benefit They're Real Push-up Liner.

Mini&Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment